Events for 2018
Gesangverein Concordia, is a mixed voice chorus, and was founded in Sheboygan in 1860. The main goal of our organization is to perpetuate the German heritage in our area. When the society was formed its purpose was to spread and preserve the German language and song. That ethnic love continues today. Our members love to sing and perform for many community events throughout the year (see events at the panel to the right). The picture above was taken at our 2012 annual concert.
We would like to thank our active and passive members, contributors, and advertisers for their continued support in helping to preserve the German heritage in song.
Concordia Singing Society
• Friday, July 27, 2018, 5:15 PM. German Fest Opening Ceremony at Festival Grounds on Milwaukee’s Lakefront
• Sunday, July 29, 2018, 10:30AM. German Fest Gottesdienst celebrated in both English and German at American Family Insurance Amphitheater on Milwaukee’s Lake Front. Concordia joins other area German Choruses for a service accompanied by The Freistadt Alte Kameraden Band. Free admission to German Fest following the Worship Service (South Gate only)
• Saturday, October 20, 2018. Concordia's Annual Oktoberfest Dinner, Concert and Dance. More info to follow.
• Saturday, October 27, 2018. The WSB Sängerkommers will be hosted by the Schwaben Männerchor. More info to follow.
• Saturday December 1, 2018, 2:00 PM. Concordia will be singing German and American Christmas Carols at the Walderhaus in Kohler.
Consider becoming a member of our group. You needn't be able to speak German. If you like to sing and would enjoy performing German and English songs, you are welcome to join us. Please see the contact information listed in the Contacts page of this site, or simply contact one of the members listed on our Members page. Membership fees are $24 per year for Active Members and $15 per year for Passive Members.
Our rehearsals typically start at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Concordia Club House, 1130 N. 9th St, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Rehearsals end at 8:30 p.m. or at the discretion of the director. After each rehearsal, we have a time for birthday celebrations and Gemütlichkeit (camaraderie).
Monthly meetings are normally held the second Friday, weather permitting, of each month at 7 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are held at the Club House.
Our Corresponding Secretary is available to answer questions from the press, organizations, and groups. Simply Email your request to the contact email on the contact page.