Events for 2017 - 2018
Gesangverein Concordia, currently a 33-voice mixed chorus, was founded in Sheboygan in 1860. We are celebrating our 157th anniversary this year.
The main goal of our organization is to perpetuate the German heritage in our area. When the society was formed its purpose was to spread and preserve the German language and song. That ethnic love continues today. Our members love to sing and perform for many community events throughout the year (see events at the panel to the right). The picture above was taken at our 2012 annual concert.
We would like to thank our active and passive members, contributors, and advertisers for their continued support in helping to preserve the German heritage in song.
Concordia Singing Society
• Saturday, December 2, 2017, 2:00 PM. Christmas Concert at the Historic Walderhaus, 1100 W. Riverside Dr, Kohler, WI. A chance to view the wonderful Gingerbread Houses that are built by students of the Sheboygan area schools. Public invited.
• Sunday, December 10, 2017. Concordia joins Trinity Lutheran choir for Christmas Concert. See flyer at bottom of column.
• Friday, December 15, 2017, 6:30 PM. Concordia sings for "Making Spirits Bright" at the Quarry Shelter House, Sheboygan. Public invited.
• Sunday, December 17, 2017, 4:00 PM. Concordia Christmas Party at Concordia Club House.
• Tuesday, January 16, 2018, 7:00 PM. Concordia Annual Officer Elections at Concordia Club House.
• Friday, March 2, 2018, 5:30 PM. Gesangverein Concordia celebrates their 158th Stiftungsfest (anniversary) at Klemmes Wagon Wheel Restaurant, 120 S. Wisconsin Dr, Howards Grove. Reservations required.
• June 2nd and 3rd, 2018. Sängerfest in Manitowoc.
Consider becoming a member of our group. You needn't be able to speak German. If you like to sing and would enjoy performing German and English songs, you are welcome to join us. Please see the contact information listed in the Contacts page of this site, or simply contact one of the members listed on our Members page. Membership fees are $24 per year for Active Members and $15 per year for Passive Members.
Our rehearsals typically start at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Concordia Club House, 1130 N. 9th St, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Rehearsals end at 8:30 p.m. or at the discretion of the director. After each rehearsal, we have a time for birthday celebrations and Gemütlichkeit (camaraderie).
Monthly meetings are normally held the second Friday, weather permitting, of each month at 7 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are held at the Club House.
Our Corresponding Secretary is available to answer questions from the press, organizations, and groups. Simply Email your request to the contact email on the contact page.