Events for 2018
Gesangverein Concordia, is a mixed voice chorus, and was founded in Sheboygan in 1860. The main goal of our organization is to perpetuate the German heritage in our area. When the society was formed its purpose was to spread and preserve the German language and song. That ethnic love continues today. Our members love to sing and perform for many community events throughout the year (see events at the panel to the right). The picture above was taken at our 2012 annual concert.
We would like to thank our active and passive members, contributors, and advertisers for their continued support in helping to preserve the German heritage in song.
Concordia Singing Society
• Friday, March 2, 2018, 5:30 PM. Gesangverein Concordia celebrates their 158th Stiftungsfest (anniversary) at Klemmes Wagon Wheel Restaurant, 120 S. Wisconsin Dr, Howards Grove. Reservations required.
• Sunday, April 29, 2018, 3:00 PM. Condordia will perform in a joint concert with the Lakeland University Chorus at the Bradley Theater, W3718 South Drive, Plymouth, WI, and will award the Gunther Uhlig Memorial Scholarship at that time. This concert is free of charge and open to the public.
• June 2nd and 3rd, 2018. WSB Sängerfest in Manitowoc hosted by Freier Sängerbund in Manitowoc. Singers from the Chicago District will join the Wisconsin choruses for this event held at the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc.
• Saturday, October 20, 2018. Concordia's Annual Oktoberfest Dinner, Concert and Entertainment. More info to follow.
• Saturday, October 27, 2018. The WSB Sängerkommers will be hosted by the Schwaben Männerchor. More info to follow.
Consider becoming a member of our group. You needn't be able to speak German. If you like to sing and would enjoy performing German and English songs, you are welcome to join us. Please see the contact information listed in the Contacts page of this site, or simply contact one of the members listed on our Members page. Membership fees are $24 per year for Active Members and $15 per year for Passive Members.
Our rehearsals typically start at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Concordia Club House, 1130 N. 9th St, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Rehearsals end at 8:30 p.m. or at the discretion of the director. After each rehearsal, we have a time for birthday celebrations and Gemütlichkeit (camaraderie).
Monthly meetings are normally held the second Friday, weather permitting, of each month at 7 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are held at the Club House.
Our Corresponding Secretary is available to answer questions from the press, organizations, and groups. Simply Email your request to the contact email on the contact page.