Events for October 2016 - March 2017
Gesangverein Concordia, currently a 36-voice mixed chorus, was founded in Sheboygan in 1860. We are celebrating our 156th anniversary this year.
The main goal of our organization is to perpetuate the German heritage in our area. When the society was formed its purpose was to spread and preserve the German language and song. That ethnic love continues today. Our members love to sing and perform for many community events throughout the year (see events at the panel to the right). The picture above was taken at our 2012 annual concert.
We would like to thank our active and passive members, contributors, and advertisers for their continued support in helping to preserve the German heritage in song.
Concordia Singing Society
• Saturday, October 1st, 2016, 4:30 PM. Oktoberfest Mass at St. Peter Claver Catholic Parish, 1439 S.12th St. Sheboygan. Al and Al's Steinhaus, 1502 S.12th, St. Sheboygan, across from the church, will be celebrating Oktoberfest with food and music. Public invited.
• Wednesday, October 5th, 2016. Catholic Women's Charity Annual Dinner. Details to follow.
• Saturday, October 15th, 2016. Concordia Gesangverein Oktoberfest Dinner and Dance, at Immaculate Conception Activity Center, 2722 Henry St., Sheboygan.
Join us for a wonderful evening of dinner, music and gemutlichkeit. Dinner includes: Kassler Rippchen mit rot Kraut, Kartoffel Salat, und Schwarzwald Torte. Okctoberfest Bier, Wine, and Soda.
Entertainment includes a Polka dance and yodeling contest with monetary prizes. Gesangverein Concordia Chorus singing your favorite folk songs and the Jerry Schneider Orchestra for your listening and dancing pleasure.
Doors open at 5:30, Dinner at 6:30, Concert at 7:30. Tickets: Dinner and Entertainment - $22.00 per person, Entertainment Only - $10.00 per person. Purchase Tickets from Mary Pat Guske, 628 Sommer Dr, Sheboygan, WI 53081, 920-457-7475, email@example.com by October 1st.
• Saturday, December 3rd, 2016 2:00 PM. Christmas Concert at the Historic Walderhaus, 1100 W. Riverside Dr, Kohler, WI. A chance to view the wonderful Gingerbread Houses that are built by students of the Sheboygan area schools. Public invited.
• Friday, March 3rd, 2017, 5:30 PM. Gesangverein Concordia celebrates their 157th Stiftungsfest (anniversary) at Klemmes Wagon Wheel Restaurant, 120 S. Wisconsin Dr, Howards Grove. Public invited. Reservations required. Details to follow.
Consider becoming a member of our group. You needn't be able to speak German. If you like to sing and would enjoy performing German (and some English) songs, you are welcome to join us. Please see the contact information listed in the Contacts page of this site, or simply contact one of the members listed on our Members page. Membership fees are $24 per year for Active Members and $15 per year for Passive Members.
Our rehearsals typically start at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays at the Concordia Club House, 1130 N. 9th St, Sheboygan, WI 53081. Rehearsals end at 8:30 p.m. or at the discretion of the director. After each rehearsal, we have a time for birthday celebrations and Gemütlichkeit (camaraderie).
Monthly meetings are normally held the second Friday, weather permitting, of each month at 7 p.m. All members are encouraged to attend. Meetings are held at the Club House.
Our Corresponding Secretary is available to answer questions from the press, organizations, and groups. Simply Email your request to the contact email on the contact page.